Monday, August 17, 2009

"Down on Your Knees" Photo Contest Entry

Gardening Gone Wild is having a Photo Contest with the theme "Down on Your Knees".

This is my entry. It is from an enchanted boggy place I discovered in October while hiking with my husband "in the bush" somewhere on the Sunshine Coast of BC. I was delighted by these brightly coloured mushrooms (click photo for a larger view):
Magical Mushroom Scene
I would have been even more delighted if I had spotted the fairies playing hide-and-seek there just moments earlier (click for closeup)...
Fairies Playing Hide-and-Seek
...but after all, there is no such thing as fairies, right?

For more details on the Photo Contest, which closes August 22, click here. Happy snapping and good luck!

13 comments:

Laura Gardens in Desert said...

I so hope you win!

*Laura

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shot....love the fairy too!

joco said...

Hiya,
That is so funny. I'd love to learn how you manage to get one image on top of another like that.
The mushrooms/toadstools are interesting.

Rock rose said...

This photo looks like a winner to me.

Julia Erickson said...

I like it.

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

I like the magical atmosphere (even without the fairy).

Garden Lily said...

Thank you all for your kind words.

jo(c)o - The fairy images are created by a free 3D modelling / animation tool: DAZ 3D (and my mushroom photo is loaded into the scene as a "background"). You can see the progression of my attempts to use this tool by clicking the "3D images" on the left column of my blog, or follow this link.

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

Good luck I hope you win! But tell me how did you manage to catch the faeries, they are so elusive in my garden :).

Anonymous said...

Great shot of those little toadstools, sure wish the fairies were real!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Picture. The mushrooms are such an interesting color.

Catherine said...

Aww..I'm too late to enter, But wishing you luck, beautiful captures! I belive in fairies!:)
Very nice~ and if their are such a thing as fairies they would love playin hide n seek there!
Cat

Chookie said...

Just beautiful! I love the way the orange picks up the browns in the foreground, and contrasts with the greens.

Garden Lily said...

Thank you all for your kind words on my first contest entry. It has encouraged me to try again another month.

I encourage everyone to take a look at the wonderful lineup of winning photos. There are some really great shots there.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin